A degree means acquiring lots of knowledge in a particular subject. It opens the door to lots of job opportunities for you. But earning a degree isn’t so easy. It takes lots of time, money, and effort. In this modern world, earning a degree has become much easier due to online education. But do you know how long does it take to get an online degree? Will it take too much time than a traditional degree? We will answer your questions below. Scroll down and be with us.
Types Of Online Degree
Online education saves time and effort. You don’t have to rush to attend classes or giving exams. You can easily earn a degree by sitting at your home. Do you know how many online degrees available in the academic world? Let us tell you a little. There are three types of degrees you can earn through online education. What are those degrees? Let’s know the degrees and some details about them.
It’s a two-year schooling program. This program will prepare you to join a bachelor’s degree program. With this degree, you can do entry-level jobs in various fields. What are the courses you can do under an associate degree?
- Associates of Arts: In this course, you will be given base education in History, English Literature, Mathematics, etc.
- Associate of Science: In this course, you will be given an academic foundation in science fields. It will be a transferable degree. This degree won’t prepare you to join an immediate career option.
- Associate of Applied Science: This course is specially designed to train students who want to enter the job field immediately. This degree will provide an in-depth education in the chosen field they wish to join.
Bachelor’s degree is the completion of undergraduate study that will take four years to complete. This program will offer you a more depth knowledge of your chosen field than an associate degree. What courses are there under bachelor’s degree?
- Bachelor of Arts (BA): In this course, you will undergraduate in science or liberal arts or both.
- Bachelor of Science: In this course, you will be an undergraduate in science under the liberal arts category. BA or BS both degrees hold the same values.
- Bachelor of Fine Arts (BFA): Usually, students who desire to learn Visual or Performing arts take this degree.
- Bachelor of Applied Science(BAS): This course is for those who study in a particular specialized field.
Master degree, in other words, graduate degree. Its earned by the students who are highly specialized in a specific area of study. What are the graduate degrees a student can earn?
- Master of Arts (M.A.): Students who have completed the study and specialized in subj like English, Communication, Humanities, History, Social Science, Natural Science, Mathematics, etc. earn a graduate degree in master of Arts.
- Master of Science (M.S.): Students who have completed a study and specialized in fields of Science, Engineering, or Medicine earn a graduate degree in Master of Science.
- Master of Business Administration (MBA): Students who are specialized in business management and have completed a study in understanding the science behind it earn a graduate degree in Master of Business Administration.
- Master of Fine Arts (MFA): Students who have completed studying in arts like, Photography, Creative writing, Theatre, Poetry, Performing Arts, Dance, etc., earned this creative degree Master of Fine Arts.
How Long Does it Take to Get an Online Degree?
We have discussed a few details about the online degrees above. Now we will know how long these degrees will take to complete.
Online Associate’s Degree Programs
Usually, you can earn an online associate’s degree in just two years. In these two years, you have to study a total of 60 undergraduate credits. Students can complete their coursework direct through the academic calendar. You can do it in the summer or winter break if you want. When students attend an online associate degree curriculum all year round, they achieve the ability to complete the whole program in at most 12 to 15 months. In addition, online degree programs are transferable, so there is an option for the students. If they want, they can continue earning a bachelor’s degree if they spend two years more.
Online Bachelor’s Degree Programs
A Bachelor’s degree prepares you to get a mid-level job. So it comes with higher attestation than an associate’s degree. And to obtain this degree level program graduation online, you have to give at least double the time you have given in getting an associate’s degree program. Online students have to spend around 52 months to earn a bachelor’s degree. If you join the first-time bachelor degree prospects and their initial enrollment, you can complete the entire bachelor’s degree program online in four years. Another option is there for the professional who doesn’t have time to join this enrollment. They can take up the part-time schedule. In that case, the online students have to spend up to six years to earn an online bachelor’s degree. Keeping time aside, the online bachelor degree program has 120-semester credits that every student has to complete.
Online Master’s Degree Programs
Earning an online master’s degree takes less time than a bachelor’s degree. It takes only two to three years for Most of the online master’s degree programs to complete. Students who study to earn a graduate degree in History, Psychology, Counseling, Accounting, or English can complete their course within only two years if they join the full-time enrollment. But if they want to study Engineering, Business, Management, or Nursing, they have to speed more time, a minimum of three years still if they join the full-time enrollment. Because this field needs more credit hours. When you are a professional and decide to earn a graduate degree part-time online, you have to add one or two years with the full time to complete the credit hours.
We have told you about the types of online degree programs you can take and how long does it take to get an online degree. We have told you the time individually, which degree will take how much time.
An online degree can help you a lot when you want to explore your job opportunities. You should stop thinking about the time an online degree program will take and admit yourself to earn the degree. It will cost you less, give you enough time to continue your job, and you can join the classes from anywhere if you have an internet connection.